Clinical and Care Delivery News Roundup
- Vizient released a report indicating that telehealth has improved access to care for some patients while restriction of family and caregiver presence during the pandemic has been a major barrier for others. More via The Journal of Healthcare Contracting
- While shortages of certain categories of personal protective equipment have improved, a shrinking supply of chemo-rated nitrile exam gloves has become a growing concern. To help members navigate the market, Vizient developed a guide for members that outlines important steps and considerations when utilizing nontraditional glove brokers. More via Vizient’s Supply Chain Management News
- Addressing social determinants of health has taken on new meaning during COVID-19. Every organization has an important role to play. Learn how to find your organization’s fit. More via the Vizient blog Addressing Social Determinants of Health During COVID-19 and Beyond: How to Find Your Organization’s Fit
- Vizient’s latest Medical Device Tech Watch provides clinical and market insight into recent shifts and innovations. This issue covers trends in telehealth, shares new data on spinal surgery procedures and outlines how to develop a neuromodulation program. Other topics include new treatments for pulmonary embolism and an overview of a successful savings initiative for implantable devices implemented by a health care consortium.
Top Vizient Clinical Blogs from 2020
- It's All in the Story: Five Elements to Strengthen Your Health Care Presentation with Storytelling
- Adult Fall Prevention: Does Your Program Include an Injury Risk Assessment?
- Safely Accessing Care in a Pandemic: Insights from Patients for Providers
- Ensuring Maximum Well-being and Engagement: A Checklist for Clinician Onboarding
- Clinician Onboarding: The On-Ramp to Engagement, Alignment, and Cost Savings
- What Message is Your Clinician Compensation Plan Sending?
- Evaluating your Block Schedule: Dive Right In
Published: March 16, 2021