IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vizient, Inc. today announced the winners of their Supply Chain Operational Excellence, Supplier Diversity Excellence and Environmentally Preferred Sourcing Excellence awards for 2019. The awards, which recognize outstanding performance of member health systems in four cohorts, were presented during the 2019 Vizient Connections Education Summit held Sept. 16-19 in Las Vegas.
“This year’s award winners demonstrate the highest level of rigor in product cost and operational efficiency. These strong controls, combined with a culture of collaboration with clinicians, are foundational to improving patient care and outcomes across the care continuum. We are proud to recognize the achievements of each these top-performing organizations,” said Byron Jobe, president and chief executive officer of Vizient.
The Supply Chain Operational Excellence Award recognizes the top-performing member in each cohort for achieving strong operational controls and efficiency in their supply chain operations. The 2019 winners by cohort are:
- Comprehensive Academic Medical Center: MedStar Health, Inc.
- Large, Specialized Complex Care Medical Center: Freeman Health System
- Complex Care Medical Center: Hunterdon Healthcare System
- Community Hospital: Freeman Health System
The Supplier Diversity Excellence Award recognizes members that best champion inclusion in their supply chain and accelerate economic growth in their local community through the engagement, empowerment and utilization of minority-, women- and veteran-owned business enterprises. The 2019 winners by cohort are:
- Comprehensive Academic Medical Center: University of Maryland Medical System
- Large, Specialized Complex Care Medical Center: Broward Health
- Complex Care Medical Center: Arrowhead Regional Medical Center/County of San Bernardino
- Community Hospital: Novant Health
The Environmentally Preferred Sourcing Excellence Award recognizes members that positively contribute to human and environmental health through responsible purchasing decisions. The 2019 winners by cohort are:
- Comprehensive Academic Medical Center: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Large, Specialized Complex Care Medical Center: Cooper University Health Care
- Complex Care Medical Center: UC Health
- Community Hospital: Hawai‘i Pacific Health
Vizient, Inc. provides solutions and services that improve the delivery of high-value care by aligning cost, quality and market performance for more than 50% of the nation’s acute care providers, which includes 95% of the nation’s academic medical centers and more than 20% of ambulatory care providers. Vizient provides expertise, analytics and advisory services, as well as a contract portfolio that represents more than $100 billion in annual purchasing volume, to improve patient outcomes and lower costs. Vizient has earned a World’s Most Ethical Company designation from the Ethisphere Institute every year since its inception. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, Vizient has offices throughout the United States. Learn more at www.vizientinc.com.