VHA Inc. and Jefferson College of Population Health partner to deliver symposium series
IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Helping health care executives understand how hospitals can integrate population health into their care delivery models will be the focus of the upcoming Population Health Symposium. The symposium will be held September 21-22 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago and is the third in a series of population health symposia in partnership with the Jefferson College of Population Health.
“The symposium will be interactive so participants can network with their peers and the presenters as they gain insights and discover new approaches for transitioning their organizations toward value-based care,” said Dr. Keith Kosel, vice president, and director, Center for Applied Health Research at VHA. “No matter where an organization is on its population health journey, this event has something for everyone interested in moving towards population health.”
Attendees will hear from health care thought leaders, as well as leading practice organizations, who will discuss:
- Caring for distinct patient populations
- Community-based strategies for appropriate emergency department use among high utilizers
- Patient-centered medical home strategies
- Evolving role of retail pharmacies in population health
- Developing and sustaining community partnerships through “anchor” strategies
The symposium is designed for hospital leaders and strategic staff with responsibility for population health-based initiative and community- based partners. Topics ranging from employee wellness programs to innovations for reducing readmissions and improving the patient experience will be presented. Featured speakers include:
- Patrick Carroll, MD, CMO, Walgreens
- Jack Friedman, strategic advisor, VHA, and former chief executive officer Providence Health Plan
- Sanne Magnan, MD, president and chief executive officer, Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement and former Minnesota Commissioner of Health
- Valinda Rutledge, vice president, Public Payer Health Strategy, Care Coordination Institute, Greenville Health System and former senior advisor and group director for the Patient Care Models Group within the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI)
- Deryk Van Brunt, DrPH, president and chief executive officer, Healthy Communities Institute
- Brian Silverstein, MD, president, HC Wisdom
- Janet Tomcavage, RN, MSN, senior vice president, Value-Based Care Strategic Initiatives for Geisinger Health System
- Additional subject matter expert staff from Mayo Clinic; Sentara Health System; University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences; University of North Carolina Health Care System; BJC Health System; Wellspan Health and more
Registration is open for the symposium. The cost to attend is $495 for VHA members and Jefferson College of Population Health Grandon Society members. The cost for all other attendees is $695.
Effective April 1, 2015, VHA Inc., the national health care network of not-for-profit hospitals, and UHC, the alliance of the nation’s leading academic medical centers, combined into a single organization. The combined organization is the largest member-owned health care company in the country and is dedicated to leading health care innovation, creating knowledge and fostering collaboration to help our members thrive. The company serves more than 5,200 health system members and affiliates as well as 118,000 non-acute health care customers. Members range from independent, community-based health care organizations to large, integrated systems and academic medical centers, and it represents more than $50 billion in annual purchasing volume. Headquarters are in Irving, Texas, with locations in Chicago and other cities across the United States.