IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pharmacy leaders in health systems are gaining responsibility for clinical and financial outcomes related to medication use across the continuum of care. As a result, they are looking for strategies that will enable them to achieve superior performance. To assist hospital pharmacy leaders, VHA Inc. is offering the complimentary webinar series “Strategies to Optimize Pharmacy Performance”. Registration is open to all health systems nationwide.
VHA Inc., which recently combined with UHC to form the largest member-owned health care company in the country, created the webinar series to provide pharmacy leaders with information to help them position their pharmacy as a strategic asset and contribute to their organization’s overall success.
The complimentary, one-hour webinars are designed for hospital pharmacy leaders who have operational responsibilities and are looking to optimize their practice. Each webinar will be led by a VHA pharmacy expert. Webinar dates and topics are:
August 18 at 1 p.m. (CDT)—“Are You Cultivating Your Pharmacy
Presented by Mark Donaldson, PharmD, RPH, BSP, FASHP, FACHE, Director, VHA Pharmacy Performance Services and Dr. Hugh Easley, Director of Pharmacy, Kalispell Regional Medical Center
- Understand the difference between pharmacy extenders versus pharmacy multipliers
- Identify partners who can become pharmacy multipliers to help impact cost, clinical effectiveness, care coordination and the customer experience
- Facilitate the utilization of pharmacy staff to improve quality outcomes and expand access to more efficient, affordable, and flexible care
September 1 at 1 p.m. (CDT)—“The Top Reasons Why Everyone Should be
Part of a Pharmacy Network”
Presented by Allison Tauman, PharmD, Director, VHA Pharmacy Performance Services
- Gain insight into why and how pharmacy networks were initially created
- Understand the top five cost reduction opportunities of being in a pharmacy network
- Learn the future for pharmacy networks and peer collaboration
September 15 at 1 p.m. (CDT)—“Is Your Ambulatory Pharmacy Program
Transitioning Effectively with the Needs of your Health System?”
Presented by Don Harry, M.S., Director, VHA Pharmacy Performance Services, Tim Warner, PharmD, Pharmacy Manager, VHA Pharmacy Performance Services and Joyce Thomas, PharmD, Pharmacy Manager, VHA Pharmacy Performance Services
- Learn how ambulatory pharmacy programs deliver value within the emerging care delivery models
- Understand the three primary strategies for ambulatory pharmacy program design
- Discuss options for reducing the cost of the employee prescription drug benefit
October 21 at 1 p.m. (CDT)—“What Part is Your Health System Playing
in Antimicrobial Stewardship?”
Presented by Kristi Kuper, PharmD, BCPS, Pharmacy Manager, VHA Pharmacy Performance Services and David Wright, PharmD, Pharmacy Manager, VHA Pharmacy Performance Services
- Learn strategies to reduce antimicrobial resistance and increase savings
- Hear examples of how other health systems are addressing antimicrobial resistance
- Outline a phased approach to antimicrobial stewardship for your organization
- Discuss the potential savings that come along with antimicrobial stewardship
The webinars are open to hospitals and health systems nationwide and there is no cost to attend. Register now at Info.vha.com/pharmacy_pr.
About VHA Inc.
Effective April 1, 2015, VHA Inc., the national health care network of not-for-profit hospitals, and UHC, the alliance of the nation’s leading academic medical centers, combined into a single organization. The combined organization is the largest member-owned health care company in the country and is dedicated to leading health care innovation, creating knowledge and fostering collaboration to help our members thrive. The company serves more than 5,200 health system members and affiliates as well as 118,000 non-acute health care customers. Members range from independent, community-based health care organizations to large, integrated systems and academic medical centers, and it represents more than $50 billion in annual purchasing volume. Headquarters are in Irving, Texas, with locations in Chicago and other cities across the United States.