Sixteen Hospitals Receive Award for Excellence in Supply Chain Management from VHA Inc.
IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--VHA Inc., which recently combined with UHC to form the largest member-owned health care company in the country, today announced the presentation of its 2015 Excellence Awards to 16 member hospitals for a variety of achievements related to improving supply chain performance over the course of 2014. The awards were presented on Thursday, May 14 during VHA’s Navigating to Excellence Forum in Las Vegas.
“Each year, VHA recognizes those health systems who find new ways to improve their supply chain management processes. It is exciting to see innovative approaches and how the results contribute to the overall efficiency of their organization beyond traditional supply cost management activities,” said Scott Downing, VHA executive vice president, sales and marketing. “We are proud to recognize their achievement and commitment to continuous improvement in supply chain management.”
VHA presented Excellence Awards in Supply Chain Management in seven categories. The winners were:
Distribution, Logistics and Inventory Management
- Parkview Health in Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Providence Health and Services in Renton, Wash.
- Partners HealthCare System in Boston, Mass.
Innovation and Creativity
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
- Yale New Haven Health System in New Haven, Conn.
Sourcing and Resource Management
- Lifespan in Providence, R.I.
- Novant Health in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Sanford Health in Sioux Falls, S.D.
- WellSpan Health in York, Pa.
- Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, N.H.
VHA PharmaLYNX Index Most Improved
- NorthShore University Health System in Evanston, Ill.
VHA PriceLYNX Health Care Organization Overall
- PinnacleHealth System in Harrisburg, Pa.
VHA PriceLYNX Physician Preference Items Index
- Floyd Memorial Hospital & Health Services in New Albany, Ind.
- Hamilton Medical Center, Inc. in Dalton, Ga.
- WCA Hospital in Jamestown, N.Y.
- Willis-Knighton Medical Center in Shreveport, La.
VHA’s Navigating to Excellence Forum was held May 13-15 and offered more than 60 educational sessions hosted by thought-leaders from hospitals, health care systems and research and policy organizations throughout the country as well as VHA experts.
About VHA Inc.
Effective April 1, 2015, VHA Inc., the national health care network of not-for-profit hospitals, and UHC, the alliance of the nation’s leading academic medical centers, combined into a single organization. The combined organization is the largest member-owned health care company in the country and is dedicated to leading health care innovation, creating knowledge and fostering collaboration to help our members thrive. The company serves more than 5,200 health system members and affiliates as well as 118,000 non-acute health care customers. Members range from independent, community-based health care organizations to large, integrated systems and academic medical centers, and it represents more than $50 billion in annual purchasing volume. Headquarters are in Irving, Texas, with locations in Chicago and other cities across the United States.