IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vizient, Inc. today announced the winners of their Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award, the Ambulatory Care Quality and Accountability Award, the Rising Star Award, and the Clinical Innovation Award for 2018. The awards, which recognized the outstanding performance of member health systems, were presented during the 2018 Vizient Connections Summit held Oct, 2-4 in Las Vegas.
“This year’s award winners demonstrate how leadership, collaboration, adaptability and the use of advanced analytics can create the shared sense of purpose that is necessary to achieve a high level of performance across the care continuum. We are proud to recognize the achievements of each winning organization,” said Byron Jobe, president and chief executive officer for Vizient.
The Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award is given annually to academic medical centers, complex teaching medical centers and community hospital members that demonstrate superior performance, as measured by the Vizient Quality and Accountability Study, which has been conducted annually since 2005.
The 2018 academic medical center winners are:
- Mayo Clinic – Rochester
- Rush University Medical Center
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- The University of Kansas Health System
- University of Pennsylvania Health System
- University of Utah Health
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- Memorial Hermann – Texas Medical Center
- Tufts Medical Center
- Morristown Medical Center
The 2018 complex teaching medical center winners are:
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Community Memorial Hospital
- The Chester County Hospital and Health System
- Mayo Clinic in Florida
- Beaumont Hospital – Grosse Point
- Houston Methodist West Hospital
- Mayo Clinic in Arizona
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center
- Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire
- Beaumont Hospital – Trenton
The 2018 community hospital winners are:
- Cleveland Clinic Lutheran Hospital
- Mayo Clinic Health System in Red Wing
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- Sanford Worthington Medical Center
- Saint Luke’s South Hospital
The Vizient Ambulatory Care Quality and Accountability Award measures the quality of outpatient care in five domains: access to care, capacity and throughput, quality and efficiency, continuum of care, and equity. The composite scoring system uses patient-level data from the Vizient-AAMC Faculty Practice Solutions Center®, the Vizient Access Initiative, core measures data, as well as data from members’ Quality and Resource Use Reports from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The 2018 winners are:
- UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital – University of Colorado Medicine
- UW Health
- NYU Langone Health
- Emory Healthcare Physician Group Practices
- University of Utah Health
The Vizient Quality Leadership Rising Star Award recognizes academic medical centers that have made significant improvements in their year-over-year rankings in the annual Vizient Quality and Accountability Study. The 2018 winners are:
- Stanford Health Care
- Saint Luke’s Hospital
- UT Southwestern Medical Center William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital
- UK HealthCare, Lexington, Ky.
The Vizient Clinical Innovation Award recognizes member health care organizations that have implemented digital health technology solutions that improved clinical efficiency or care delivery resulting in improved patient experience. The 2018 winner is Penn Medicine.
About Vizient, Inc.
Vizient, Inc., the largest member-driven health care performance improvement company in the country, provides innovative data-driven solutions, expertise and collaborative opportunities that lead to improved patient outcomes and lower costs. Vizient’s diverse membership and customer base includes academic medical centers, pediatric facilities, community hospitals, integrated health delivery networks and non-acute health care providers and represents approximately $100 billion in annual purchasing volume. The Vizient brand identity represents the integration of VHA Inc., University HealthSystem Consortium and Novation, which combined in 2015, as well as the recently acquired MedAssets’ Spend and Clinical Resource Management (SCM) segment, which includes Sg2. In 2018, Vizient again received a World’s Most Ethical Company designation from the Ethisphere Institute. Vizient’s headquarters are in Irving, Texas, with locations in Chicago and other cities across the United States. Please visit www.vizientinc.com as well as our newsroom, blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube pages for more information about the company.