- Vizient’s latest Medical Device Tech Watch covers trends in telehealth, shares new data on spinal surgery procedures and outlines how to develop a neuromodulation program. Other topics include new treatments for pulmonary embolism and an overview of a successful savings initiative for implantable devices implemented by a health care consortium.
- The biosimilars market could reach $30 billion by 2025, making a sizable dent in pharmaceutical spending given that biologics' high prices drive overall drug spending inflation, according to Vizient's latest drug pricing outlook. More via Modern Healthcare
- Using data from the Vizient clinical database, the researchers assessed patients who underwent elective esophagectomy, gastrectomy or pancreatectomy for malignancies in 2018 at U.S. academic centers and their affiliated community hospitals. More via Becker's ASC, Health Day, and About Health Transparency
- U.S. in-hospital mortality for COVID-19 was almost 14% overall, but decreased 15 percentage points from March to August 2020: a study with data obtained form the Vizient clinical database. More via Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy
- Outcomes and Mortality Among Adults Hospitalized With COVID-19 at U.S. Medical Centers: a study with data obtained from the Vizient clinical database. More via JAMA Network and Becker’s Hospital Review
- A survey from Vizient found patients indicated being more likely to receive telehealth from an existing provider, rather than a new provider. More via Modern Healthcare
- Vizient Pharmacy Network releases its High-Value Pharmacy Enterprise Project, addressing clinical services and business services such as cost management, revenue integrity and business growth as well as makes technology recommendations. More via Healthcare Purchasing News
- Vizient’s Steven Lucio shares his thoughts about what needs to be done to advance biosimilar uptake in the United States. More via the Center for Biosimilars
- Vizient projects drug prices will increase but moderately via its Pharmacy Market Outlook, projecting a 2.67% increase in the price of pharmaceuticals. More via The Journal of Healthcare Contracting
Blogs you May Have Missed
- How COVID Changed Long-Held Hospital Lab and Supply Chain Assumptions and What We Can Learn
- Children’s Hospitals Utilize Opportunity to Strengthen Ambulatory Strategy
- The Ins and Outs of Communicating with Patients to Build Trusting Relationships and Improve Care
- Seeing Sideways While Moving Forward
- Is Just in Time Just in Trouble?
Never miss another blog. Receive the Vizient blog via email.