Sanne Magnan, MD, President/CEO of Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement and former Commissioner of Health for Minnesota
Brian Silverstein, MD, Managing Partner, HC Wisdom, LLC and guest lecturer, Jefferson College of Population Health
Jack Friedman, Strategic Advisor, VHA, and former CEO of Providence Health Plan
Deryk Van Brunt, DrPH, president and chief executive officer, Healthy Communities Institute
Valinda Rutledge, President/CEO Rutledge Health Care Consulting
Janet Tomcavage, senior vice president and chief, value-based care strategic initiatives for Geisinger Health System
Patrick Carroll, Chief Medical Officer, Walgreens Healthcare Clinic Bill Barberg, President, Insightformation, Inc.
Julie Trocchio, senior director of community benefit and continuing care, Catholic Health Association
David Zuckerman. The Democracy Collaborative at University of Maryland
Monica Chmielewski, Senior Counsel, Foley and Lardner
Staff from leading practice organizations such as Atlanticare, Bon Secours, Christian Hospital of BJC Healthcare, Mayo Clinic, Optima Health for Sentara, Providence Health and Services and University of North Carolina Health Care System, University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences, Wellspan
Join us for our next Population Symposium Sept. 21-22 in Chicago. Hear health care thought leaders, as well as leading practice organizations, share their insights and experiences around successful population health-based initiatives.
Topics will include:
- Understanding a Business Model for Population Health including how hospitals use “Anchor” strategies to sustain population health efforts
- Learn the latest updates on Federal and State payer perspectives
- Employer-employee population health strategies
- Caring for high utilizer patients through “hot-spotting” techniques
- Learn how population health community-based strategies result in appropriate ED use among high utilizers
- Learn about value-based medical home strategies to improve the patient care experience
- Learn about retail pharmacy’s evolving role in population health
- Learn how mHealth may disrupt or support your population health efforts, and about mHealth’s regulatory and legal implications for hospitals and health care systems
- Understand how “Communities of Hope” and Collective Impact strategies affect Social Determinants of Health
- Learn about the latest strategic measurement tools to help with Community Health Needs Assessment and “after the CHNA”
- See leading health care organizations present their experiences ranging from employee and employer wellness programs to innovations in improving the patient care experience
Plus, you’ll meet strategic suppliers who can show you how integrated solutions advance your population health implementation success.
Who should attend:
- Hospital leaders
- Strategic staff members who have responsibility for population health-based initiatives
Sponsorship opportunities are available for health care suppliers.
Information and registration: https://events.vha.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=reg.info&page=Overview&event_id=7865