IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Executive leaders from more than 200 Vizient member hospitals recently met to discuss environmental, organizational and political realities impacting the future of health care delivery. The hospital executives were joined by Vizient’s senior management team and several nationally recognized experts who presented and facilitated panel discussions and networking events.
“We believe strongly in the power of collaboration, and the best practices that can emerge from learning, improving and building together,” says Curt Nonomaque, President and CEO, Vizient. “It’s an honor to serve the leading hospitals in our country, and in today’s fast-changing health care landscape, it’s more important than ever that leaders come together to share ideas that ultimately benefit patients and communities.”
Vizient’s CEO Executive Board of Academic Medical Centers
Fareed Zakaria, journalist, author and host of CNN’s Fareed Zakaria GPS, was the keynote speaker for members of Vizient’s CEO Executive Board of Academic Medical Centers who met Jan. 25-27 in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. Zakaria presented “Inflection Point: Politics, Global Trends and the Implications for Health Care Delivery.” The meeting’s other featured speaker was Michael E. Porter, PhD, Professor, Harvard Business School, who presented, “Business Strategies for Today’s Changing Healthcare Environment.”
Other highlights of the Academic Medical Center-focused meeting included:
- “Delivering on the Health System Value Promise: A Focus on End of Life Care” presented by Lifespan
- “Promises Kept: Delivering Untapped Health System Value to Buyers” featuring recently completed research from Vizient Research Institute™
- “A Glance Back and a Look Ahead” presented by Children’s Hospital Association
- “2017: The Year Ahead - Making the Right Decisions” presented by Sg2
Vizient’s Health Care Executive Forum
Andy Slavitt, Acting Administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), was the keynote speaker for hospital executives at Vizient’s Health Care Executive Forum held Feb. 2-4 in Scottsdale, Ariz. Slavitt’s presentation, “Power of Price and Politics” kicked off the meeting. The meeting’s other featured speaker was Paul Keckley, PhD, Independent Healthcare Research and Policy Analyst, who presented “Leading the Way; an Example of Next.”
Other highlights of Vizient’s Health Care Executive Forum included several member panel discussions:
- “Delivery Models in Transition” involving executives from Carilion Clinic, Memorial Hermann System and Ascension Health
- “Focus on Risk” involving executives from Froedtert Health, University of Miami, Yale New Haven Health, Providence Health & Services and Boston Medical Center
- “If I’d Known Then…Retiring CEO Panel” involving executives from Baylor Scott & White, Sentara Healthcare and Intermountain Healthcare
- “Where Precision Medicine and Over Diagnosis Collide” involving executives from MemorialCare Health System, Baptist Memorial Health Care and Renown Health
- “Talent Today and Tomorrow” involving executives from Cielo Health, OhioHealth, Indiana University Health, Novant Health and Christiana Care
- “Special Report: Insuring the Future: Now, Next and After Next” presented by Anthem
Vizient will host two national member meetings in 2017. Supplier Summit and Vizient Connections Summit will be held April 3-7 in Las Vegas. The Vizient Clinical Connections Summit will be held Sept. 12-15 in Denver.
About Vizient, Inc.
Vizient, Inc., the largest member-driven health care performance improvement company in the country, provides innovative data-driven solutions, expertise and collaborative opportunities that lead to improved patient outcomes and lower costs. Vizient’s diverse membership and customer base includes academic medical centers, pediatric facilities, community hospitals, integrated health delivery networks and non-acute health care providers and represents almost $100 billion in annual purchasing volume. The Vizient brand identity represents the integration of VHA Inc., University HealthSystem Consortium and Novation, which combined in 2015, as well as the recently acquired MedAssets’ Spend and Clinical Resource Management (SCM) segment, which includes Sg2. In 2016, Vizient received a World’s Most Ethical Company designation from the Ethisphere Institute. Vizient’s headquarters are in Irving, Texas, with locations in Chicago and other cities across the United States. Please visit www.vizientinc.com as well as our newsroom, blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube pages for more information about the company.